Let’s face it, we’re bombarded with marketing emails these days, and not many of us actually read them. Instead, we’ll be keeping this blog post updated.
11th July 2019
Some background to catch you up…
The current version of Portl is an iOS mobile app. We’ve had lots of great freelancers register, but not enough clients. We attribute this to a few things:
- Clients generally aren’t ready to search for freelancers on a mobile device.
- The audience is limited to iOS users.
- Search speed issues.
Consequently, we decided to address these issues by rebuilding Portl.
Version 2 (as we’re calling it) will be different in the following ways:
- The client app will be web-enabled, instead of mobile.
- The freelancer app will be cross-platform (iOS and Android).
- Client search will be significantly faster (different technology).
- There will be several new features, including Vetting of freelancers.
We started the rebuild project last summer and it was due to be finished by the end of 2018. Unfortunately, for reasons out of our control, the project is still on-going.
I’d love to say it will be finished on a certain date, but I’ve learnt that’s tempting fate when it comes to technology products! Needless to say, we’re working extremely hard to bring you what will be a significantly better product, so stay tuned for further updates.
Because we’re focusing all our attention on V2, there’s not much activity on the current app. Apologies for this, but bear with us.